We accept order size of 24 tons and multiples of 24 tons. For foreign companies we offer products in net prices.
TRADE NAME: Salmag®, calcium ammonium nitrate (CAN), granulated
CHEMICAL NAME: Mixture of ammonium nitrate with calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate
CHEMICAL SYMBOL: NH4NO3 + CaCO3 * MgCO3
Salmag® is a perfect, universal nitrogen fertilizer. It may be used in arable lands, orchards, grazing lands, gardens as well as other arable lands in the case of all plants requiring nitrogen fertilizers to be used before sowing and for top dressing. Granule structure ensures high mechanical resistance and hardness. Prevents caking, crumbling, abrasion and disintegration during transport, storage and spreading. Granule uniformity results in even spreading, which translates into an increased yield by several %. The chemical structure of grains protects against nitrogen losses in the soil, results in a steady break-up of granules and contributes to the efficient transfer of nitrogen to plants’ roots. Calcium and magnesium are additional nutrients which improve nitrogen utilisation in the soil and control soil pH by eliminating soil acidity. All ingredients of the fertilizer are easily absorbed by the plants. Salmag® may be blended with other granulated fertilizers. On the international market the equivalent to Salmag®is known as CAN.
- Salmag® forms loose granules, beige to brown, depending on the colour of the filler employed.
- The fertilizer contains an anti-caking agent.
- Under recommended conditions of storage and transportation, quality specification is guaranteed over the period of 9 months from the date of the production
- Salmag® is not reckoned among hazardous materials according to RID/ADR regulations.
- all types of soil and all plants,
- before sowing and for top dressing (in the case of alkaline soils it is recommended to mix the fertilizer with soil),
- use in several doses:
- crops, rape, beets – two, three or four doses,
- meadows – after each cut,
- pastures – after each grazing.
|Total nitrogen, between||% m/m||27,5 ± 0,5||ZAK’s own method|
|nitrate-N, between||% m/m||13,7 ± 0,2||ZAK’s own method|
|ammonium-N, between||% m/m||13,8 ± 0,3||ZAK’s own method|
|Calcium as CaO, between||% m/m||3,5 ± 0,9||ZAK’s own method|
|Magnesium as MgO, between||% m/m||4 ± 0,9||ZAK’s own method|
|Drying loss, not more than||% m/m||0,5||ZAK’s own method|
|Size grade: content of 2-5 mm granules, not less than||% m/m||95||ZAK’s own method|
It is a valuable source of nitrogen (27.5%) in the form of fast-release nitrate (13.7%) and slow-release ammonium (13.8%), which ensure the optimum development conditions.
- It is universal – can be applied in the case of all types of crops, regardless of the application period (before sowing, for top dressing).
- It contains calcium (3.5% CaO) and magnesium (4% MgO) which improve the efficiency of absorbing nitrogen by the plants’ roots and reduce nitrogen losses, thus making fertilization more profitable; it also protects subsoil waters against pollution by nitrogen compounds.
- All nutrients contained in Salmag® are easily absorbed by the plants.
- The structure of granules protects nitrogen from being leached out too soon and thus against nitrogen losses.
- Granules are very strong and hard, therefore:
- the fertilizer does not cake and does not crumble, it is resistant to abrasion during transport and storage;
- it can be applied (spread) over long distances (up to 40 m*), reduces the number of runs across the field and hence reduces the costs of farming;
- Granules have an exellent, high uniformity (granule class: 95% of 2-5 mm granules):
- even spreading is guaranteed, regardless of spreading technique, which ensures stable quality of the yield;
- the fertilizer can be blended with other granulated fertilizers, thus making it possible to fully fertilize the soil in one application;
- Each granule is covered by an anti-caking agent which ensures flowability and prevents caking.
- The fertilizer does not acidify the soil. It controls soil pH and ensures favourable development conditions for soil microorganisms required by plants.
- The product meets all required safety criteria (safety certificate issued by POLSKIE CENTRUM BADAŃ I CERTYFIKACJI and certificate of non-explosion issued by INSTYTUT PRZEMYSŁU ORGANICZNEGO) – as the fertilizer does not have explosive properties, it can be safely transported, stored and applied.
- The fertilizer efficiency was tested on experimental fields.
* Tests carried out by one of the leading European manufacturers of fertilizer spreaders, the Bogballe Company, demonstrated that Salmag® can be successfully applied over a distance of up to 40 m, which makes this fertilizer a unique product on the European market.